See glossary for symbol meaning.
Gower Family Coat of Arms
Click on your preferred shield image and then click on the "Buy this image" button.
Gower Family Gift Ideas
Don’t like ordering online? Order by phone 1-408-983-2800
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Gower Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Gower Family Gift Ideas
Browse Gower family gift ideas and products below. If there are multiple coats of arms for this surname, you will see them at the top of this page and can click on the various coat of arms designs to apply them to the gift ideas below.
Clothing & Accessories
Kitchen & Bath
Fun & Games
More gower Family Gift Ideas
Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Sutherland-Leveson-Gower. Duke of Sutherland). Quarterly of eight, 1st, quarterly, 1st and 4th, barry of eight or and gu. over all a cross flory sa., for Gower, 2nd and 3rd az. three laurel leaves or, for Leveson; 2nd, barry of eight ar. and gu. over all a cross patonce sa., for Gower; 3rd, gu. three organ rests or sufflues or, for Granville, Earl of Bath; 4th, ar. a lion ramp. gu. betw. three pheons’ heads sa., for Egerton, Duke of Bridgewater; 5th, ar. on a bend az. three bucks' heads cabossed or, for Stanley; 6th, gu. two lions pass. ar. for Strange, of Knockyn; 7th, barry of ten ar. and gu. over all a lion ramp. or, crowned per pale of the first and second, for Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, on a canton chequy or and az. a fesse gu., for Clifford, Earl of Cumberland; 8th, Royal arms, over all on an escutcheon of pretence, surmounted by an earl's coronet gu. three stars within a bordure or, charged with a double tressure flory counterflory of the field, being the arms of the ancient Earls of Sutherland. Crests—1st: A wolf pass. ar. collared and chained or, for Gower; 2nd: A cat-a-mountain ppr., for Sutherland. Supporters—Dexter, a wolf ar. collared and chained or; sinister, a savage, wreathed about the temples and waist with laurel, holding in the dexter hand a club resting on the shoulder ppr. and supporting with the sinister hand an antique shield charged with the arms of the ancient family of Sutherland. Motto—Frangas non flectes.
2) (Leveson-Gower, Earl of Granville). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, barry of eight ar. and gu. a cross flory sa., for Gower; 2nd, az. three laurel leaves or, for Leveson; 3rd, gu. three rests or, for Granville. Crest—A wolf pass. ar. collared and lined or. Supporters— Two wolves ar. plain collared and line reflexed over the back gold, and charged on the shoulder with an escutcheon gu. thereon a clarion or. Motto—Frangas non flectes.
3) (Woodhall, Colemers Boughton, Droitwich, &c., cos. Worcester and Essex). Az. a chev. betw. three wolves heads erased or. Crest—A wolf's head erased or.
4) (Earl’s Court, co. Worcester; John Gower, illegitimate son of Arnold Gower, of the Woodhall family; his dau. and heiress carried Earl's Court to the Ingram family. Har. MSS. 19816). Same Arms as Gower, of Woodhall, with a sinister bendlet.
5) (Visit. co. Worcester, 1533). Az. a chev. betw. three talbots pass. ar.
6) (Durham). Az. a chev. betw. three talbots ar.
7) (co. York). Ar. a fesse betw. three talbots pass. sa. Crest—A demi eagle or.
8) (cos. Warwick and Worcester). Gu. a fesse erm. betw. six crosses crosslet fitchee ar.
9) (Thorpe in lnkberrow, co. Worcester). Az. a chev. or, betw. two birds’ heads erased ar. langued gu. and a mullet gold in chief, and two mullets with one bird's head in base.
10) (Abel Anthony Gower, Esq., of Glandovan, co. Pembroke, who d. in 1837; his brother Admiral Sir Erasmus Gower, who d. in 1814, and their nephews and executors, Robert Frederic Gower, Esq., of Glandovan, and Abel Lewis Gower, Esq.). Same Arms and Crest, quartering or, a cross patonce gu. and three snakes nowed in triangle ar. Motto—Frangas non flectes.
11) (Ireland). Barry of six ar. and gu. in chief three pallets. Crest—Two wings displ. or.
12) (London. Tomb of the Poet Gower). Ar. on a chev. az. three leopards’ faces or. Crest—A talbot sejant.
13) (Stanesby, co. York). Erm. a cross flory gu.
14) (co. York). Ar. four bars gu. over all a cross crosslet sa.