See glossary for symbol meaning.
Griffin Family Coat of Arms
Click on your preferred shield image and then click on the "Buy this image" button.
Variations of this name: Griffon, Griffyn.We have several coat of arms design(s) for the name Griffin. Click on the thumbnails to view each design.
Griffin Family Gift Ideas
Don’t like ordering online? Order by phone 1-408-983-2800
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Griffin Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Griffin Family Gift Ideas
Browse Griffin family gift ideas and products below. If there are multiple coats of arms for this surname, you will see them at the top of this page and can click on the various coat of arms designs to apply them to the gift ideas below.
Clothing & Accessories
Kitchen & Bath
Fun & Games
More griffin Family Gift Ideas
Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Lord Griffin of Broybroke; created 1688, extinct 1742). Sa. a griffin segreant ar. beak and forelegs or.
2) (Lord Braybrooke). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, sa. a griffin segreant ar. beaked and forclegged or, for Griffin; 2nd and 3rd, quarterly, 1st aud 4th, gu. on a saltire ar. a rose seeded and barbed ppr., for Neville, 2nd and 3rd, or, fretty sa. on a canton per pale erm. and gold, a galley with sails furled of the second, also for Neville. Badges: on the dexter a rose gu. seeded or, barbed vert, on the sinister a portcullis or. Crests—1st: A talbot's head erased sa., for Griffin; 2nd: A hull ar. pied sa. armed gold, and charged on the neck with a rose gu. barbed and seeded ppr. Supporters—Two lions ramp. reguard. ar. maned and tufted sa. gorged with a chaplet of laurel vert. Motto—Ne vile velis.
3) (Bartherton, co. Chester). Ar. two bars gu. a griffin segreant sa.
4) (London; one of the six clerks of the Court of Chancery). Sa. a chev. betw. three fleurs-de-lis ar. Crest—Out of a ducal crown or, a demi griffin erm. membered or.
5) or Griffith (co. Stafford). Gu. on a fesse dancettee betw. three griffins segreant or, as many martlets sa. Crest—A woman's head couped at the breast ppr. hair flotant or.
6) (cos. Stafford and Suffolk). Gu. on a fesse dancettee ar. betw. six lions pass. or, three martlets sa.
7) (Penrith, Wales). Gu. on a fesse betw. three lozenges or, each charged with a fleur-de-lis of the first, a demi rose betw. two griffins segreant of the field.
8) (co. York). Erm. a bend gu. cotised or.
9) Gu. three griffins’ heads, two in chief couped ar. and one in base erased or.
10) Gu. a lion ramp. or, within a bordure invecked ar.
11) Az. three eagles displ . or.
12) (Violet Hill, Bray, co. Wicklow; confirmed to Edward Lysaght Griffin, Esq., Barrister-at-Law, second son of the late Right Rev. Henry Griffin, D.D., Bishop of Limerick, by Jane Eyre, his wife, dau. and co-heiress of Edward Lysaght, Barrister-at-law). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, ar. on a chev. betw. three bucks’ heads erased gu. an annulet betw. two fleurs-de-lis or, for Griffin; 2nd and 3rd, ar. three spears erect in fess gu. on a chief az. a lion pass. guard. or, a crescent for diff., for Lysaght. Crest—A demi griffin sergeant ar. charged on the shoulder with a fleur-de-lis az. Motto—Fide et fortitudine.
13) (Reg. Ulster’s Office). Gu. three escallops ar. in chief three piles of the last.
14) Per pale or and sa. a chev. betw. six martlets all counterchanged.
15) Sable a griffin, segreant, or.
16) (Prince of North Wales) Gules three lions passant, guardant, argent. (Source: Siddon's Welsh Heraldry).