Gunter Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Racton, co. Sussex, of Welsh extraction; Frances Catherine, only dau. of Sir Charles Gunter Nicholl, K.B., m. William Legge, second Earl of Dartmouth). Sa. three dexter gauntlets ar. Crest—A stag’s head couped per pale gu. and sa. the attires counterchanged.
2) (co. Brecon). Sa. a chev. betw. three gauntlets, fingers clenched or. Crest—A stag’s head per pale gu. and sa.
3) (Chichester and Emley, co. Sussex). Sa. three gauntlets ar. within a bordure or. Crest—A stag’s head erased per pale sa. and gu. attired or.
4) (Milton, co. Wilts, Geoffrey Gunter, of Milton, temp. Henry VIII. Visit. Berks 1664). Sa. three dexter gauntlets ar. Crest—An antelope’s head erased per pale or and sa.
5) (Kintbury, co. Berks, Ferdinando Center, of Kintbury, b. 1606, grandson of John Gunter, of Kintbury, 3rd son of Geofrey Gunter, of Milton. Visit. Berks 1664). Same Arms and Crest. A mullet for diff.