Gunter Coat of Arms
Click below to change main image
Which coat of arms or "family crest" is mine?
Choose the design you like best, just your ancestors did when they painted these symbols on the shields they carried into battle and displayed in their homes. These coats of arms are real, historical works of art/culture dating back as far as 1100AD. Most of these designs were compiled and documented by genealogists and heraldists in large books published in the nineteenth century. These arms were owned by individuals who bore your surname, and were passed down through the generations from father to son, earning the monicker "family crest".
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Racton, co. Sussex, of Welsh extraction; Frances Catherine, only dau. of Sir Charles Gunter Nicholl, K.B., m. William Legge, second Earl of Dartmouth). Sa. three dexter gauntlets ar. Crest—A stag’s head couped per pale gu. and sa. the attires counterchanged.
2) (co. Brecon). Sa. a chev. betw. three gauntlets, fingers clenched or. Crest—A stag’s head per pale gu. and sa.
3) (Chichester and Emley, co. Sussex). Sa. three gauntlets ar. within a bordure or. Crest—A stag’s head erased per pale sa. and gu. attired or.
4) (Milton, co. Wilts, Geoffrey Gunter, of Milton, temp. Henry VIII. Visit. Berks 1664). Sa. three dexter gauntlets ar. Crest—An antelope's head erased per pale or and sa.
5) (Kintbury, co. Berks, Ferdinando Center, of Kintbury, b. 1606, grandson of John Gunter, of Kintbury, 3rd son of Geofrey Gunter, of Milton. Visit. Berks 1664). Same Arms and Crest. A mullet for diff.
Origin, Meaning, Family History and Gunter Coat of Arms and Family Crest
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Gunter Coat of Arms Meaning
See glossary for symbol meaning.