Haldane Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) Ar. a bend engr. gu. a chief sa. Crest—A globe ppr.
2) (that Ilk, co. Peebles). Gu. two leopards ar.
3) (Gleneagles, co. Perth). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, ar. a saltire engr. sa., for Haldane; 2nd, ar. a saltire cantoned with four roses gu., for Lennox; 3rd, or, a bend chequy sa. and ar., for Menteith. Crest—An eagle’s head erased or. Motto—Suffer.
4) (Lanrick, co. Stirling). Same Arms, with a crescent gu. in the centre for diff.
5) (Right Rev. James Robert Alexander Chinnery-Haldane, Bishop of Argyle and the Isles). Quarterly, an Haldane of Gleneagles, p. 440; en surtout, az. a chev. erm. betw. three lions ramp. or, on a canton vert a harp of the third stringed ar., for Chinnery. Crests—On dexter, an eagle’s head erased or, for Haldane; on sinister, on a globe or, an eagle rising ppr. collared of the first, for Cuinnery. Mottoes—Suffer: and nec temere nec timide. Supporters—Two eagles ppr.