Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) Ar. a bend engr. gu. a chief sa. Crest—A globe ppr.
2) (that Ilk, co. Peebles). Gu. two leopards ar.
3) (Gleneagles, co. Perth). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, ar. a saltire engr. sa., for Haldane; 2nd, ar. a saltire cantoned with four roses gu., for Lennox; 3rd, or, a bend chequy sa. and ar., for Menteith. Crest—An eagle’s head erased or. Motto—Suffer.
4) (Lanrick, co. Stirling). Same Arms, with a crescent gu. in the centre for diff.
5) (Right Rev. James Robert Alexander Chinnery-Haldane, Bishop of Argyle and the Isles). Quarterly, an Haldane of Gleneagles, p. 440; en surtout, az. a chev. erm. betw. three lions ramp. or, on a canton vert a harp of the third stringed ar., for Chinnery. Crests—On dexter, an eagle’s head erased or, for Haldane; on sinister, on a globe or, an eagle rising ppr. collared of the first, for Cuinnery. Mottoes—Suffer: and nec temere nec timide. Supporters—Two eagles ppr.