Hanna Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Paisley, co. Renfrew; represented by Hugh Hanna, Esq., clerk of the kitchen to George III., who d. 1831). Arms and Crest as Hannay, of Sorbie: (Sorbie, co. Wigtown). Ar. three roebucks’ heads couped az. collared or, with a bell gu. pendent from each collar.
2) or Ahannay – (Sorbie, co. Wigtown). Ar. three roebucks’ heads couped az. collared or, with a bell gu. pendent from each collar.
3) (Mochrum, co. Kirkcudbright, bart., 1630, heir male of Sorbic). Ar. three roebucks’ heads couped az. collared or, a bell pendent from each collar. Crest—A cross crosslet fitchee, issuing out of a crescent sa. Supporters—Two roebucks ppr. Motto—Per ardua ad alta.
4) (cadet of Sorbie). Ar. three roebucks’ heads couped az. with a mullet in the collar point for diff. Crest—A cross crosslet fitchee issuing out of a crescent sa. Motto—Per ardua ad alta.
5) (Ireland) Argent, three stag heads, couped, azure, collared gules, belled of the second, ringed or. Crest, betw. the horns of a crescent, a cross crosslet sa.
6) or Haney – Az. a chev. betw. three demi lions ramp. or. Crest—A stag’s head ppr. collared or, betw. the attires a cross pattee gu.