Haydon Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (or Haidon). (Bowood or Boughwood, Epford, and Cadhay, co. Devon; Robert Hatdon, Esq., of Bowood, tenth in descent from Robert Haydon, of Boughwood, living 19 Edward I, 1290. Visit. Devon, 1620). (John Haidon, mercer, Sheriff of London, d. 1583; descended from Boughwood). (Woodbury, co. Devon, London, and co. Surrey). Ar. three bars gemels az. on a chief gu. a fess dancettee or. Crest—A lion ar. seizing on a bull courant sa. Motto—Ferme en foy.
2) (Adam Haydon, illegitimate son of Roger Haydon, of Nether Stowford, 7 Edward II., who was son of Robert Haydon, of Boughwood, 19 Edward I. Visit. London, 1568). Same Arms, a border compony gu. and or.
3) (Grove, Watford, and Oxley, co. Herts). Quarterly, ar. and az. a cross engr. counterchanged. Crest—A talbot statant az.
4) Same Arms, a bordure gobonated or and az.
5) (Baconstrope, co. Norfolk). Quarterly, ar. and gu. a cross engr. Counterchanged. Crest—A talbot ar. spotted sa.
6) (co. Worcester). Quarterly, ar. and az. a cross engr. counterchanged, in the first quarter a Cornish chough sa.
7) (Sir John Hayden, knighted by Robert, Earl of Essex, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland, 5 Aug. 1599). Barry of twelve ar. and az. on a chief gu. a bar dancettee or.