Henshaw Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Henshaw Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Henshaw, co. Chester; the heiress of the elder branch m. Thornycroft). (Bassets Fee and Billinghurst, co. Sussex; descended from co. Chester). Ar. a chev. sa. betw. three heronshaws or moor hens sa. Crest—A falcon belled, wings elevated, preying on a mallard’s wing ar. guttee de sang.
2) (co. Chester; granted 20 Dec. 1565). Quarterly, ar. and az. a cross charged with five crescents all counterchanged, in the dexter chief and sinister base points a fleur-de-lis of the second, in the sinister chief and dexter base a dolphin embowed of the first. Crest—A griffin’s head couped per pale ar. and az. charged on the neck with three bars counterchanged, in the beak an olive branch vert, fructed or.
3) (Great Marlow, co. Essex, and London). Ar. a chev. erm. betw. three cocks sa. beaked and legged gu. Crest—A falcon or, ducally gorged and belled az. preying on a wing gold, guttee de sang.
4) (Gloucester; quartered by Stamford, of Rowley, co. Stafford). Gu. on a chev. betw. three lozenges ar. as many bells sa. (MS. Pedigree of Stamford).
5) (George Henshaw, 1597; Fun. Ent. of his dau. Margaret, wife of Christopher Bisse, Second Remembrancer in Ireland). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, ar. a chev. gu. betw. three shovellers sa.; 2nd and 3rd, quarterly, or and az. a cross betw. four fleurs-de-lis all counterchanged.
6) Gu. on a chev. betw. three lozenges ar. as many church bells sa.