See glossary for symbol meaning.
Howe Family Coat of Arms
Click on your preferred shield image and then click on the "Buy this image" button.
Variations of this name: How.We have several coat of arms design(s) for the name Howe. Click on the thumbnails to view each design.
Howe Family Gift Ideas
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Howe Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Howe Family Gift Ideas
Browse Howe family gift ideas and products below. If there are multiple coats of arms for this surname, you will see them at the top of this page and can click on the various coat of arms designs to apply them to the gift ideas below.
Clothing & Accessories
Kitchen & Bath
Fun & Games
More howe Family Gift Ideas
Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Curzon-Howe, Earl Howe). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, or, a fesse betw. three wolves’ heads erased sa., for Howe; 2nd and 3rd, ar. on a bend sa. three popinjays or, beaked and legged gu., for Curzon. Crests—1st, Howe: Out of a ducal coronet or, a plume of five ostrich feathers az.; 2nd, Curzon: A popinjay rising or, collared gu. Supporters—Dexter, a Cornish chough; sinister, a cockatrice, wings elevated, or, tail nowed, with a head at the end thereof. Motto—Let Curzon holde what Curzon helde.
2) (Langar, co. Nottingham, and Emble, co. Somerset). Or, a fesse betw. three wolves’ heads couped sa. Crest—A gauntlet lying fesseways ppr. lined gu. holding a falchion ar. hilt or, the middle part of the blade debruised by a wolf's head couped sa.
3) (Viscount Howe; extinct 1814, created 1701). (Earl Howe; extinct 1799, created 1788). Or, a fess betw. three wolves' heads couped sa. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a plume of five ostrich feathers az. Supporters—Two Cornish choughs ppr. beaked and membered gu. Motto—Utcunque placuerit Deo.
4) (Compton, co.Gloucester, bart.; extinct 1814, created 1660). (Emble, co. Somerset; granted 10 Dec. 1625). Or, a fess betw. three wolves’ heads erased sa. langued gu. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a plume of five ostrich feathers az.
5) (Cold Barwick, co. Wilts, bart., extinct 1735; descended from a brother of the first bart. of Compton). Same Arms, a crescent for diff.
6) (Lord Chedworth; extinct 1804, created 1741). Or, a fess betw. three wolves' heads couped sa. a crescent for diff. Crest—A dexter arm in armour erased below the elbow, lying fessways, and holding in the hand a scymitar all ppr. pommel and hilt or, pierced through a boar's head couped sa. Supporters—Dexter, a lion ar. pellettée, armed and langued gu.; sinister, an angel ppr. face in profile, hair brownish, habited crimson, under garments az. wings ar. pinioned of the fourth. Motto—Justus et propositi tenax.
7) (co. Somerset). Ar. on a fesse betw. three foxes’ heads erased sa. an escallop of the field. Crest—An arm erect ppr. vested ar. charged with two bends wavy gu. holding a bunch of broom vert.
8) or How (London). Ar. a fesse engr. betw. three wolves’ heads couped sa. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a demi wolf ramp. sa.
9) (co. Kent). Gu. on a chev. or, three crescents sa.
10) (Richard How, son of Sir Richard How, Knt., Alderman of London; granted 1691). Ar. a fesse engr. sa. guttée or, betw. three wolves’ heads erased of the second, collared gu. Crest—A wolf's head erased pean.
11) (London). Same Arms. Crest—A wolf's head sa. in the mouth a rose gu. stalked and leaved vert.
12) or Howe - (London). Ar. a fesse wavy betw. three wolves' heads erased sa.
13) (Herse, co. Somerset). Ar. a fesse betw. three wolves’ heads couped sa. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a demi wolf sa.
14) (cos. Essex and Suffolk). Ar. a chev. betw. three wolves’ heads couped sa. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a unicorn’s head gu. attired and crined of the first.
15) Quarterly ar. and sa.