Jodrell Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Sall Park, co. Norfolk, bart.). Erm. a trefoil slipped or, betw. three round buckles, tongues pendent ar. Crest—A demi cock, wings erected or, combed and wattled gu. issuant out of a wreath of roses of the last, seeded gold. Motto—Non sibi, sed patriae natus.. Source: Burke’s
2) (Yeardsley Hall, co. Chester; settled there temp. Edward III. William Jauderell served under Edward the Black Prince in the French wars; his lineal descendant, Francis Jodrell, Esq., of Yeardsley, High Sheriff of Cheshire in 1716, was s. by his granddau. Frances, elder dau. of his son, Francis Jodrell. She m. 1775, John Bower, Esq., who took the surname and arms of Jodrell). Sa. three buckles ar. Crest—A cock’s head and neck couped or, wings elevated ar. combed and wattled gu.. Source: Burke’s
3) (Duffield, co. Derby). Sa. a trefoil slipped or, betw. three round buckles, tongues pendent ar. Crest—A cock’s head and neck couped, wings erect or, combed and jelloped gu. issuant out of a chaplet of roses, barbed and seeded ppr.. Source: Burke’s
4) (London, and Lichfield, co. Stafford; granted 10 July, 1707). Ermines a trefoil slipped or, betw. three round buckles, tongues pendent ar.. Source: Burke’s
5) (co. Stafford). Sa. three chaplets ar.. Source: Burke’s
6) Sa. an estoile ar.. Source: Burke’s
7) (exemplified to Amelia Virtue Jodrell, widow of Charles FitzGerald Higgins, Esq., of Westport, and dau. of Sir Richard Paul Jodrell, 2nd bart., of Sall Park, upon her assuming by royal licence the surname of Jodrell in lieu of Higgins). Arms — Ermines, a trefoil or, betw. three round buckles, tongues downwards, ar.. Source: Burke’s
8) (exemplified to Herbert Henry Churchill, on his assuming, by royal licence, 31 March, 1883, the surname and arms of Jodrell in lieu of Churchill, in right of his wife Emily Virtue Jane, only child of Chas. F. Higgins, Esq., by Amelia Virtue, his wife, only sister and eventual heiress of Sir Edwd. Repps Jodrell, 3rd bart.). Ermines, a trefoil or betw. three round buckles the tongues pendent ar., for distinction a canton of the last. Crest—A cock’s head and neck couped the wings erect or, combed and jelloped gu. issuant out of a chaplet of roses gu. barbed and seeded ppr. and for distinction on the neck a cross crosslet sa.. Source: Burke’s
9) Sa. three buckles, the tongues pendent ar.. Source: Burke’s