Kinloch Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Kinloch Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (that Ilk, and Nevay, co. Forfar, bart.). Az. A boar’s head erased betw. three mascles or. Crest—A young eagle perching and looking up to the sun in its splendour ppr. Motto—Hon degener.
2) (Aberbothrie, co. Forfar, 1672). Az. a boar’s head erased betw. three mascles or. Same Crest and Motto as the last.
3) (Gourdie, co. Forfar). Az. on a chev. betw. three mascles a boar’s head erased of the field, in chief a fleur-de-lis of the second. Crest—An eagle soaring aloft ppr. Motto—Yet higher.
4) (Kilrie, co. Forfar, 1764). Az. on a chev. ar. a mullet gu. betw. two mascles in chief of the second and a boar’s head erased in base or. Crest—An eagle reguard. wings endorsed sa. armed gu. looking at the sun ppr. Motto—Altius tendo.
5) (Kinloch, co. Perth, bart., 1873). Quarterly, 1st, az. a boar’s head erased betw. three mascles or, a crescent of the second in chief for diff., for Kinloch; 2nd, gu. a chev. embattled betw. three crescents ar., for Oliphant; 3rd, per fess ar. and sa. a chev. betw. three cinquefoils counterchanged, for Balneaves; 4th, counter-quartercd, 1st, gu. a broken spear and a standard saltireways ar. the last charged with a cross of the field and fringed or, 2nd, az. a cat saliant ar., 3rd, ar. on a saltire sa. nine mascles of the first, a bordure az., 4th, or, three bars wavy gu. each charged with an escallop of the field, all for Smith. Crest—A young eagle perched, looking up to the son in his splendour all ppr. Motto—Non degener.
6) (Gilmerton, co. Edinburgh, bart., 1686; as recorded 1829). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, az. a boar’s head erased betw. three mascles or; 2nd and 3rd, ar. a fess betw. a boar’s head erased in chief and two mullets in base az., for Rochead. Crest—An eagle rising ppr. Motto—Altius tendo.