Lenthall Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Lenthall Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Leynthall, and Hampton Court, co. Hereford, Lachford, Great Haseley, Burford Priory, and Yelford Hastings, co. Oxford, and Besselsleigh, co. Berks ; derived from Sir Rowland Lenthall, Knt., of Hampton Court, Master of the Robes to Henry IV., and one of the Commanders at Agincourt; William Lenthall, Speaker of the House of Commons temp. Charles I. was immediate ancestor of the Lenthalls of Burford Priory, co. Oxford, and of Besselsleigh, co. Berks). Ar. on a bend cotised sa. three mullets or. Crest—A greyhound saliant sa. collared or.
2) (Lachford, co. Oxford ; William Lenthall, of Lachford, Visit. Oxon, 1574, great-grandson of Thomas Lenthall, the son of John Lenthall, of Lenthall). Ar. on a bend cotised sa. three mullets pierced or, quartering sa. a bend fusily ar., another coat of Lenthall, also Badley, Pypard, and Willie.
3) (Besselsleigh Manor, Abingdon). (Monkton, co. Devon; Peter Lenthall, of that place, at Visit. Devon, 1620, grandson of Edward Lenthall, a younger son of Lenthall, of Lachford, who left the co. Oxford, and settled at Monkton). Ar. on a bend cotised sa. three mullets or. Crest—A greyhound saliant sa. collared or. Motto—Azincourt.
4) (co. Dorset). Same Arms. Crest—A greyhound in full course sa. collared or.
5) Ar. two bars sa. each charged with three mullets or.