See glossary for symbol meaning.
Mackintosh Family Coat of Arms
Click on your preferred shield image and then click on the "Buy this image" button.
Mackintosh Family Gift Ideas
Don’t like ordering online? Order by phone 1-408-983-2800
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Mackintosh Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Mackintosh Family Gift Ideas
Browse Mackintosh family gift ideas and products below. If there are multiple coats of arms for this surname, you will see them at the top of this page and can click on the various coat of arms designs to apply them to the gift ideas below.
Clothing & Accessories
Kitchen & Bath
Fun & Games
More mackintosh Family Gift Ideas
Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (that Ilk, and Tor Castle, co. Inverness; claims to be chief of the Clan Chattan; Sir Aeneas Mackintosh, of Mackintosh, created a bart. in 1812, d. s. p. in 1820). Quarterly, 1st, or, a lion ramp. gu.; 2nd, ar. a dexter hand fesseways couped at the wrist and holding a human heart gu.; 3rd, az. a boar’s head couped or; 4th, or, a lymphad, her oars in saltire sa. Crest—A cat-a-mountain saliant guard, ppr. Supporters—Two cats ppr. Motto—Over the crest: Touch not the cat, but a glove.
2) (Kellachie, co. Inverness; Sir James Mackintosh, the distinguished orator and statesman, was representative of this branch). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, or, a lion ramp. gu.; 2nd and 3rd, or, a dexter hand couped fesseways, holding a dagger paleways in chief gu. and a galley, her oars saltireways in base sa. all within a bordure gu. Crest and Motto, as Mackintosh, of that Ilk.
3) (Connadge, co. Inverness). The same quartered coat, within a bordure vair. Crest and Motto, as the former.
4) (Kinrara, co. Inverness). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, or, a lion ramp. gu.; 2nd, or, a chev. sa. betw. a dexter hand couped fesseways, grasping a man's heart paleways gu. and a lymphad, her oars erect in saltire of the second; 3rd, az. a boar’s head couped or. Crest and Motto, as the former.
5) (Aberarder, co. Inverness). The same Arms as Mackintosh, of that Ilk, all within a bordure gu. charged with eight annulets or. Crest—A cat courant and guard, ppr. Motto, as above.
6) (Keir-Mackintosh, of Dalmigavie, co. Inverness, 1S82). Quarterly, 1st and 4th grand quarters counterquartered; 1st, or a lion ramp. gu.; 2nd, ar. a dexter hand couped fessways grasping a man’s heart paleways gu.; 3rd, az. a boar’s head couped or; 4th, or, a lymphad, oars in saltire aa. all within a bordure gu. charged with eight annulets or, for diff., for Mackintosh; 2nd and 3rd grand quarters, or, a cross engr. sa. betw. four roses gu., for Keir. Crests—On dexter, a cat courant guard, ppr., for Mackintosh; on sinister, a pelican vulning herself ppr. Mottoes— Touch not the cat but a glove; Virescit in arduis virtus.