Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Chiefs of Moylurg, co. Roscommon; an ancient Irish Sept, descended from Maolroona, second son of Teige, King of Connaught in the 7th century). Ar. on a chev. gu. betw. three boars' heads erased az. tusked and bristled or, as many cross crosslets or. Crest—A demi lion ramp. az. holding in the dexter paw a sceptre crowned or. motto over, Honor et virtus. Motto—Honor probataque virtus. (Mac Dermott Roe; Alderford, co. Roscommon).
2) (Coolavin, co. Sligo, commonly called Prince of Coolavin, representative of the chiefs of Moylurg). Same Arms and Crest. Motto—Honore et virtute.
3) (Carrig, co. Roscommon; Fun. Ent. Ulster's Office, 1637, Brian Mac Dermot, eldest son of Bryan Mac Dermot, of same place). Ar. three boars pass. az. armed and bristled or. Crest—A boar's head erased az.
4) (granted by Carney, Ulster, 1690, to Terence Mac Dermot, Esq., Lord Mayor of Dublin, descended from Mac Dermot, of Carrig, co. Roscommon). Ar. on a chev. engr. gu. betw. three boars pass. az. armed and bristled or, as many bezants. Crest—A demi lion az. holding betw. the paws a tower ar. Motto—Honor virtutis præmium.
5) (Rostaley, co. Fermanagh; Reg. Ulster's Office). Ar. a fess gu. betw. three boars pass. az. armed and bristled or.
6) (granted by Betham, Ulster, to Andrew McDermott, Esq., of Liverpool, son of John Mac Dermott, Esq., of Toomavarra, co. Tipperary, who resumed the ancient family surname of Mac Dermott instead of that of Dermody, which his ancestor had adopted). Or, on a chev. gu. betw. three boars' heads erased az. as many cross crosslets of the field. Crest—A demi lion ramp. gu. holding in the dexter paw a sceptre or. Motto—Honor et virtus.
7) (confirmed to John Joseph McDermott, M.D., F.R.C.S.I., Surgeon-Major Bengal Medical Service, third son of William McDermott, of Dublin; descended from the co. Roscommon family of McDermott). Ar. on a chev. gu. betw. three boars' heads erased az. armed and bristled or, an eastern crown betw. two crosses crosslet of the last. Crest—Out of an eastern crown or, a demi lion ramp. az. charged on the shoulder with a cross crosslet of the first, and holding betw. the paws a sceptre erect, surmounted by a regal crown all ppr. Motto—Honore et virtute.
8) (Confirmed by Ulster King of Arms, and recorded in Her Majesty's College of Arms, London, as of right belonging and appertaining unto Henry Thomas McDermott, of Trinity House, Gensing Gardens, St. Leonard's-on-Sea, Sussex, Esq., son of Henry Thomas McDermott, deceased, and grandson of James McDermott, also deceased). Per chev. ar. and or. on a chev. gu. betw. in chief three boars' heads erased at the neck, and in base a cross crosslet az. three trefoils slipped of the second. Crest—A demi lion ramp. or, holding betw. the paws a boar's head erased, as in the arms. Motto—Honor virtutis praemium.