Mead Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) Sa. a chev. erminois betw. three pelicans or, vulning themselves ppr.
2) (arms confirmed and crest granted by Hawkins, Ulster. 1706, to Benjamin Mead, of Meath Street, Dublin, Proctor in the Bishop’s Court). Sa. on a chev. betw. pelicans vulning themselves or, as many martlets of the field. Crest—A pelican in her piety ppr.
3) Gu. a chev. betw. three trefoils slipped ar. Crest—A reindeer trippant vert.
4) (Fun. Ent. Ulster’s Office, 1626, Sir John Meade, Knt., who m. Katherine Sarsfield, dau. of Dominick, Viscount Kilmallock, and was ancestor of the Earl of Clanwilliam). (cos. Cambridge and Somerset). Gu. a chev. erm. betw. three trefoils slipped ar.
5) (Earl of Clanwilliam). Az. a chev. erm. betw. three trefoils slipped ar. Crest—An eagle displ. with two heads sa. armed or. Supporters—Dexter, an eagle close sa.; sinister, a falcon close ppr. beaked and legged or, each collared and chained gold. Motto—Toujours prêt.
6) (Ballintobber and Ballymartle, co. Cork). Gu. a chev. erm. betw. three trefoils slipped ar. Crest—An eagle displ. with two heads sa. armed or. Motto—Toujours prest.
7) (co. Essex). Sa. a chev. betw. three pelicans or, vulned gu. Crest—An eagle displ. or.
8) (London; Thomas Meade, Draper, Visit. London, 1568; his dau. Katherine, m. Thomas Rich, Mercer, of London, b. 1591). Sa. a chev. betw. three pelicans or, vulning themselves ppr.
9) (Northborowe, co. Leicester; Henry Meade, Visit. Leicester, 1619, eldest son of James Meade, Esq., of Northborowe, who was grandson of William Meade, Esq., of Gretton, co. Stafford). Sa. a chev. betw. three pelicans, wings endorsed or, vulning themselves ppr.