Nisbet Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Dean, Mid-Lothian, bart.). Motto—Non obest virtute sors. Ar. a chev. gu. betw. three boars’ heads erased sa. Crest—An eagle, displ. ppr. Supporters—Dexter, a savage holding a club over his shoulder and wreathed about the loins and head ppr.; sinister, a greyhound ppr.
2) (that Ilk, co. Berwick). Motto—I byde it. Ar. three boars’ heads erased sa. Crest—A boar pass. sa.
3) (Craigentinny, co. Edinburgh). Motto—I byde it. Ar. on a chev. gu. betw. three boars’ heads erased sa. as many cinquefoils of the first. Crest—A boar pass. sa.
4) (Dirleton, co. Haddington). Motto—Discite justitiam. Same Arms as the last, the chev. ensigned on the top with a thistle ppr. Crest—A dexter hand issuant out of a cloud, and holding a balance and scales all ppr.
5) (Hamilton-Nisbet, of Dirleton and Belhaven, 1801). Additional Motto—Ride through. See also under Hamilton. Quarterly, 1st and 4th, as the last; 2nd and 3rd, gu. a sword paleways ar hilted and pommelled or, betw. three cinquefoils of the second, for Hamilton. Crest and Motto as above. Supporters—Two horses ar. bridled gu.
6) (Greenholm, co. Ayr, and Carphin). Motto—His fortibus arms. Ar. three boars’ heads erased, withip a bordure sa. Crest—A boar’s head as in the arms.
7) (Southbroome House, co. Wilts). Motto—Vis fortibus arma. Ar. three boars’ heads erased sa. a border invected gu. Crest—A boar’s head, as in the arms.
8) (Bordeaux, 1681). Motto—Hinc ducitur honos. Ar. on a chev. indented gu. betw. three goats’ heads erased ea. as many cinquefoils of the first. Crest: A castle sa, and growing beside it a thistle ppr.