Ormesby Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Ormesby Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (None Ormesby and Louth, co. Lincoln). Gu. a bend betw. six crosses crosslet fitchée or (another, ar.). Crest—An arm couped at the elbow vested sa. holding in the hand a leg in armour, couped at the thigh all ppr.
2) (co. Lincoln). Sa. three chessrooks or, a chief of the last, quartering, gu. a bendlet betw. six crosses crosslet fitchée. Crest—An arm embowed vested sa. cuffed or, holding in the hand ppr. a leg in armour couped at the thigh of the last garnished gold.
3) (co. York). Az. a bend betw. six crosses crosslet fitchée or.
4) Gu. a bend counter-componée or and az.
5) Gu. a cross ar. over all a bend componee or and az.
6) (co. Roscommon; Fun. Ent. Ulster’s Office, 1630, Anthony Ormesby, Esq., of that place). Gu. a bend betw. six crosses crosslet fitchée or, a crescent on a crescent for diff.
7) (Sligo; Fun. Ent. Ulster’s Office, 1662, Thomas Ormesby, buried at St. John’s, Sligo). Quarterly, 1st, gu. a bend betw. six crosses crosslet or, for Ormesby; 2nd and 3rd, az. semée of crosses crosslet a lion ramp. ar., for Kinardsley; 4th, sa. three chessrooks ar. a chief or, for Werdan.
8) (Ireland; descended from Henry Ormsby, or Ormsby, of the Lincolnshire family, who settled In Ireland temp. Elizabeth, and left, by Susannah Kelk, his first wife, three sons, Anthony Ormsby, ancestor of Ormsby, of Rathlee, Edward Ormsby, ancestor of Ormsby, of Tobbervaddy, and Malley Ormsby, ancestor of Ormsby of Cloghan; and by his second wife, Elizabeth, three other sons, from whom descend Ormsby, of Moryvilla, Annagh, Comyn, and Willowbrook). Gu. a bend betw. six crosses crosslet fitchee or.
9) (Willowbrook, co. Sligo; Mary Jane Ormsby, only child and heiress of Owen Ormsby, Esq., of Willowbrook, by Margaret, eldest dau. and eventually heiress of William Owen, Esq., of Porkington, co. Salop, in. in 1815, William Gore, Esq., М.Р., who assumed the prefix surname of Ormsby: the eldest surviving son of this marriage is Willlam Richard, Lord Harlech). Same Arms, without the quarterings, &c. Crest—A dexter arm embowed in armour ppr. charged with a rose gu. holding in the hand a man’s leg also in armour couped at the thigh.
10) (Cloghan, co. Mayo, bart., extinct 1833: Sir Charles Montagu Ormsby, K.С., was created a bart. 1812). (Gortner Abbey, co. Mayo). Gu. a bend betw. six crosses crosslet or. Crest—A dexter armed arm embowed, the hand grasping a leg in armour couped above the knee all ppr. Motto—Fortis qui prudens.
11) (Ballinamore House, co. Mayo). Same Arms. Crest—A dexter arm embowed in armour ppr. charged with a rose gu. holding in the hand a man’s leg also in armour couped at the thigh.
12) (co. Norfolk). Gu. crusily ar. a bend chequy or and az. Crest—A falcon rising or.