Orr Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (England). Gu. three hinds’ heads erased ar. Crest—A lion pass. ppr. resting the dexter paw on a torteau.
2) (Barrowfield, Scotland). Gu. three piles in point ar. on a chief or, a torteau betw. two crosses crosslet fitchée of the field. Crest—A cornucopia ppr. Motto—Bonis omnia bona.
3) (Edinburgh, 1768). Gu. three piles in point ar. a bordure of the last, on a chief or, a turteau betw. two crosses crosslet az. Crest, as the last. Motto—Virtuti fortuna comes.
4) (Ralston, co. Renfrew, 1802). Gu. three piles in point within a bordure engr. erminois, on a chief or, three torteaux az. Crest—A dexter hand holding a tree ppr. Motto—Ego accedo.
5) (Harvieston and Castle Campbell, co. Clackmannan, 1863). Gu. three piles erm. on a chief or, three cinquefoils of the first. Crest—A tower ppr. Motto—Fortis et vigilans.
6) (Belfast; granted to James Orr, Esq., of the Villa Antoinette, Cannes, Alpes Maritimes, France, second son of James Orr, Esq., of Ballygowan, afterwards of Holywood House, co. Down, and of Belfast, banker, by Jane Stewart, his wife, of the family of Stewart, of Ballintoy, co. Antrim, and grandson of Alexander rr, of Belfast, and to their descendants). Gu. three piles in point ar. the centre pile charged with a trefoil slipped vert, on a chief or, a torteau betw. two cross crosslets fitchée of the field. Crest—A cornucopia ppr. charged with a trefoil slipped, as in the arms. Motto—Bonis omnia bona.
7) Gu. a bend ar. fretty az.
8) (co. Chester). Erm. three chev. gu. on a canton of the second a lion ramp. or.