Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (England). Az. a cross betw. four lions ramp. or. Crest—On a mount a stag lodged under a holly bush all ppr.
2) (Fingalton. co. Renfrew, 1672). Motto—Forti favet coelum. Az. a savage wreathed head and middle with bay leaves, having a sheaf of arrows hanging by his side, and bearing a bow in the sinister hand all ppr. and pointing with the other to a comet placed in the dexter chief point or. Crest—A dexter hand issuing out of a cloud and pointing to a star of eight rays ppr.
3) (Scotstown, co. Renfrew, 1764). Motto—Non mihi commodus uni. As the last, within a bordure erm. Crest—A ship under sail ppr.
4) (Gordon-Oswald, Scotstown, 1865). Motto—Non astutia. Quarterly, 1st and 4th, as the last: 2nd, az. three boars’ heads couped or, within a bordure per fesse ar. and of the second, and charged with three cushions gu., for Gordon; 3rd, quarterly, as Haldane, of Gleneagles (which see), a bordure wavy ar. Crest and Motto, for Oswald, as above. For Gordon, a dagger erect piercing a boar’s head erased ppr.
5) (Auchincruive, co. Ayr, 1770). Motto—Sequamur. As Fingalton, within a bordure engr. or. Crest—A dexter hand issuing out of a cloud and pointing to a star ppr.
6) (Haldane-Oswald, of Auchincruive, 1861). Quarterly, 1st, as the last; 2nd, gu. three leopards in pale pass. guard. ar., for Haldane, of that Ilk; 3rd, ar. a saltire engr. betw. four roses gu.; 4th, or, a bend chequy sa. and ar. Additional Crest—An eagle’s head erased ppr. Additional Motto—Suffer. Supporters—Two eagles ppr. beaked and membered or.
7) (Dunnikier, co, Fife). Motto—Monstrant viam. Az. a savage ppr. wreathed with laurel, bearing in his sinister hand a baton erected on his shoulder vert, and in his dexter hand a cross staff, and pointing to a star placed in dexter chief or. Crest—A star of six points wavy ar.
8) (Dalderne, co. Sterling). Motto—Monstrant astra viam. Az. a savage ppr. wreathed with laurel bearing in his sinister hand a baton erected on his shoulder vert, and pointing with the dexter to a comet or, placed in dexter chief. Crest—A comet or.