Oswald Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (England). Az. a cross betw. four lions ramp. or. Crest—On a mount a stag lodged under a holly bush all ppr.
2) (Fingalton. co. Renfrew, 1672). Motto—Forti favet coelum. Az. a savage wreathed head and middle with bay leaves, having a sheaf of arrows hanging by his side, and bearing a bow in the sinister hand all ppr. and pointing with the other to a comet placed in the dexter chief point or. Crest—A dexter hand issuing out of a cloud and pointing to a star of eight rays ppr.
3) (Scotstown, co. Renfrew, 1764). Motto—Non mihi commodus uni. As the last, within a bordure erm. Crest—A ship under sail ppr.
4) (Gordon-Oswald, Scotstown, 1865). Motto—Non astutia. Quarterly, 1st and 4th, as the last: 2nd, az. three boars’ heads couped or, within a bordure per fesse ar. and of the second, and charged with three cushions gu., for Gordon; 3rd, quarterly, as Haldane, of Gleneagles (which see), a bordure wavy ar. Crest and Motto, for Oswald, as above. For Gordon, a dagger erect piercing a boar’s head erased ppr.
5) (Auchincruive, co. Ayr, 1770). Motto—Sequamur. As Fingalton, within a bordure engr. or. Crest—A dexter hand issuing out of a cloud and pointing to a star ppr.
6) (Haldane-Oswald, of Auchincruive, 1861). Quarterly, 1st, as the last; 2nd, gu. three leopards in pale pass. guard. ar., for Haldane, of that Ilk; 3rd, ar. a saltire engr. betw. four roses gu.; 4th, or, a bend chequy sa. and ar. Additional Crest—An eagle’s head erased ppr. Additional Motto—Suffer. Supporters—Two eagles ppr. beaked and membered or.
7) (Dunnikier, co, Fife). Motto—Monstrant viam. Az. a savage ppr. wreathed with laurel, bearing in his sinister hand a baton erected on his shoulder vert, and in his dexter hand a cross staff, and pointing to a star placed in dexter chief or. Crest—A star of six points wavy ar.
8) (Dalderne, co. Sterling). Motto—Monstrant astra viam. Az. a savage ppr. wreathed with laurel bearing in his sinister hand a baton erected on his shoulder vert, and pointing with the dexter to a comet or, placed in dexter chief. Crest—A comet or.