Partridge Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Partridge Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (co. Kent). Chequy ar. and sa. a bend gu.
2) (Cirencester and Wishanger, co. Gloucester, and Finbarrow, co. Suffolk). (Bishop’s Wood, cos. Gloucester and Hereford). Chequy ar. and sa. on a bend gu. three escallops or. Crest—A horse’s head sa. crined or, erased per fesse gu. Another Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a horse’s head sa.
3) (co. Kent; 4 March, 1630). Vaire ar. and sa. on a chief of the last three roses of the first seeded or, barbed vert. Crest—An arm embowed, tied round the elbow with a ribbon, holding in the hand ppr. a fireball of the last.
4) (Breakspeares, co. Middlesex). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, gu. on a fesse engr. cotised or, betw. three partridges rising of the last as many torteaux, for Partridge; 2nd and 3rd, az. a chev. or, betw. three eagles displ. with two heads ar., for Ashby. Crest—A partridge rising with an ear of wheat in the mouth all ppr.
5) (co. Stafford). Gu. a scythe in pale ar.
6) Gu. on a fesse ar. betw. three lions ramp. or, as many partridges ppr. Crest—A demi lion ramp. or, collared gu. garnished of the first.
7) Vert a chev. erm. betw. three partridges rising or. Crest—A partridge rising or, in the beak an ear of wheat ppr.
8) (Horsenden House, co. Bucks). Az. on a bend engr. or, three partridges ppr. Crest—An etoile or. Motto—Esse quam videri.
9) Gu. a fesse vairé or, and az. betw. three bezants each charged with a partridge of the field a bordure of the second, billettée sa. Crest—A demi leopard ramp. guard. sa. bezantee, gorged with a collar gu. charged with three plates.
10) Chequy ar. and sa. on a bend gu. three martlets or.
11) or Partrich – Gu. on a bend ar. betw. two lions ramp. or, three parrots vert. Crest—Out of a rose gu. stalked and leaved vert, a lion’s head or.
12) or Partrich – Gu. on a fesse betw. two cotises and three partridges volant or, as many torteaux, each charged with a demi rose of the second.
13) (Northwold, co. Norfolk, and Hockham Hall, Thetford, co. Norfolk; descended from Henry Partridge, Esq., Alderman of London, who d. in 1666). Gu. on a fesse cotised or, betw. three partridges with wings displ. of the last, as many torteaux. Crest—A partridge as in the arms. Motto—Dum spiro spero.
14) (Long Sutton, co. Lincoln). Gu. a fesse or, betw. three partridges volant ar.
15) (London). Gu. a fesse vairé or and az. betw. three bezants, on each a partridge of the field.
16) Sa. a fesse cotised between three partridges volant or. Crest—A partridge volant or.
17) Ar. on an inescutcheon within an orle of martlets gu. a lion ramp. or.
18) Ar. fretty gu.