Paulet Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Marquess of Winchester and Duke of Bolton; Charles Paulet, sixth Marquess of Winchester, was created Duke of Bolton 1689; dukedom extinct 1794). Sa. three swords in pile, points in base ar. pommels and hilts or. Crest—A falcon, wings displ. or, belled of the same, and gorged with a ducal coronet gu. Supporters—Two hinds purp. semée of estoiles and ducally gorged or. Motto—Aymez loyaulté.
2) (West Hill Lodge, co. Hants, bart.). Sa. three swords in pile, points downwards ppr. pommels and hilts or. Crest—A falcon, wings displ. or, belled of the same and ducally collared gu. Motto—Aimez loyaulté.
3) (Leigh Paulet, co. Devon, and Thornbury, co. Gloucester). Sa. three swords in pile ar. hilts and pommels or. Crest—An armed arm embowed holding a sword all ppr.
4) (Willesden, co. Middlesex; John Pawlett, gent., son of John Pawlett, gent., and grandson of John Pawlett, gent., all of Willsdon, Visit. Middlesex 1663). Sa. three swords in pile points in base ar. pommelled and hilted or, betw. two flanges of the last pellettée. Crest—On a mount a falcon rising or, pellettée, belled gold.
5) (St. James’s, Westminster; granted 1737). Sa. three swords in pile, points in base ar. hilts and pommels or, betw. two flaunches of the third, each charged with a demi spear erect rompu az. fringed gu. Crest: A terrestrial orb or, thereon a falcon rising ppr. collared and belled of the first.