Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Hesslewood House, co. York). Vert a chev. betw. three stags trippant or, in the centre chief point a bezant, on a chief per fesse gu. and ar. an eagle displ. counterchanged. Crest—An eagle's head erased ar. holding in the beak or, a peascod vert. Motto—Confide recte agens. Pease
2) (Ottery St. Mary, co. Devon). Gu. a saltire ar. betw. four plates, each charged with a leopard's face ppr. Crest—A leopard's head guard, couped at the neck, holding in the mouth a sword barways ppr. collared az.
3) (Darlington, co. Durham). Per pale gu. and vert a fesse indented erm. betw. three lambs pass. ar. Crest—On a mount vert a dove rising ar. holding in the beak gu. a pea stalk, the blossom and pods ppr. the legs as the beak.
4) (Joseph Whitwell Pease, Esq., M.P. for South Durham, eldest son of Joseph Pease, Esq., of Darlington, by Emma, his wife, youngest dau. and co-heiress of the late Joseph Gurney, Esq., of Lakenham Grove, Norwich). Same Arms, quartering, Gurney, Ar. a cross engr. gu.
5) (London; granted 1763). Per pale gu. and vert a fesse indented erminois betw. three lambs pass. ar. Crest—On a mount vert a dove rising ar. holding in the beak gu. a pea-stalk, the blossoms and pods ppr. the legs as the beak.
6) (Hutton Low Cross, and Pinchinthorpe, co. York, bart.; created 18 May, 1882). Per fesse az. and gu. a fesse nebuly crin. betw. two lambs pass. in chief ar. and in base upon a mount ppr. a dove rising of the fourth, holding in the beak a pea-stalk the blossom and pods also ppr. Crest—Upon the capital of an Ionic column a dove rising, holding in the beak a pea-stalk as in the arms all ppr. Motto—Pax et apes.