Penny Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research service that traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) or Penne (Peterborough, co. Northampton; granted 1574). Erm. two greyhounds courant, per pale gu. and sa. (another, the greyhounds reguard.). Crest—On a ducal coronet ar. a lynx or.
2) Per pale ar. and sa. an eagle displ. counterchanged.
3) (Higher Nutwell House, co. Devon; granted to Robert Penny Greenwood, Esq.). Per saltire erminois and erm. two greyhounds courant reguard. gu. Crest—Upon a crown vallery gu. a lynx statant or, holding in the mouth a fleur-de-lis az.
4) Ar. five fusils in fesse sa.
5) (Bedford and Coddicot, co. Hertford). Ar. on a fesse gu. betw. three lapwings az. a lion pass. guard. or, betw. two combs of the first. Crest—A demi lion ramp. gu. holding a comb. ar.
6) or Penny – Sa. six fleurs-de-lis ar. three, two, and one. Crest—A demi lion ramp. ar. collared sa.