Spence Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Spence Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (London, and Wiggenholt and Polgrave, co. Norfolk). Sa. a fess embattled ar.
2) (George Spence, Esq., of London). Or, a lion ramp. gu. on a bend embattled counter-embattled az. three mascles of the field. Crest—A maltster habited about the loins with a plaid skirt, sustaining with both hands a malt shovel erect ppr.
3) (Bankham, co. Sussex). Sa. a fess embattled ar. Crest—Out of a mural coronet ar. three palm branches vert, each within an annulet interlinked one with the other or. Spence
4) (Neyland-Lynfield and South Mailing, co. Sussex). Same Arms and Crest, the palm branches tied with a ribbon az. instead of annulets.
5) (co. York). Sa. three millstones ar.
6) (granted to James Spence, Esq., Liverpool). Az. an eagle’s head erased betw. three buckles in chief and one in base, tongues erect or. Crest—A demi stag or, charged on the shoulder with a saltire sa. renting the sinister foot upon a buckle also sa. Motto—Fear God only.
7) (Berryholl, co. Fife). Ar. a boar’s head erased sa. betw. two bars gu. Crest—A wolf’s head couped ppr. Motto—Patior ut potiar.
8) (Brunstane, co. Aberdeen). Ar. a lion ramp. gu. debruised by a bend sa. charged with three escallops of the first. Crest—A clam shell or. Motto—Semper fidelis esto.
9) (Shetland). Or, a lion ramp. gu. a bordure engr. sa. Crest—An anchor. Motto—Visa, per invisa firma.
10) (Shetland; granted 1788). Same Arms, on the bordure four buckles ppr. Crest and Motto, as the last.
11) (Wormeston. co. Fife). Or, a lion ramp. gu. over all on a bend sa. a buckle betw. two mascles ar. Crest—A demi lion ramp. gu. Another Crest—A stag’s head couped ppr.
12) Or, a lion ramp. gu. a bend raguly az. thereon three mascles ar. Crest—A maltster habited about the loins with a plaid skirt, sustaining with both bands a malt shovel erect ppr.
13) Sa. a fess embattled and counter-embattled ar. Crest—Out of a mural coronet ar. three palm branches erect vert, each encircled by an annulet, and respectively interlaced ar.
14) Or, a lion ramp. gu. a bend sa. in chief a stag’s head cabossed of the second, and in base a cross crosslet fitchée sa. Crest—A demi lion gu. Motto—Virtute acquiritur honos.
15) Gyronny of eight ar. and az. on an escutcheon of the first an eagle’s head erased sa. a border gu.
16) Az. three penny-yard pence ppr.
17) (Reg. Ulster’s Office, 1729, as the arms of Sarah, wife of Daniel Falkiser, of Dublin, and dau. of Georce Spence, of the Coombe, Dublin, who d. 1708). Ar. a lion couchant gu. in chief three mullets of the last. Crest—A lion’s head erased or, pellettée.