Spalding Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) Per fess az. and or, a pale counterchanged, three buckles of the second. Crest—A bishop’s mitre or, banded gu. charged with a chev. ar. and thereon three bezants.
2) Per fess az. and or, a pale counterchanged, three bezants.
3) Az. an increscent betw. three estoiles.ar. Crest—A sword in pale, point upwards ppr.
4) Gu. two bars ar. in chief three annulets of the second.
5) (Ashintillie, co. Perth). Ar. a two-handed sword in pale az.
6) (John Spalding, Scotland, 1685). Or, on a cross az. five crosses crosslet of the first. Crest—A cross crosslet fltchée or. Motto—Hinc mihi salus.
7) (South Darenth, Horton Kirby, Kent; Samuel Spalding, Esq., and the other descendants of his father the late Rev. Samdel Spalding, M.A.). Or, on a cross az. quarterly pierced of the field, four cross crosslets of the first, in the 1st and 2nd quarters a thistle leaved and slipped ppr. Crest—Betw. two thistles as in the Arms, an escocheon az. charged with a cross crosslet or. Motto—Hinc mibi salus.