Straiton Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (that Ilk, 16th century). Barry nebuly of ten az. and ar. an inescutcheon gu.; otherwise, Vair an inescutcheon. Source: Burke’s General Armory.
2) (Lauriston, co. Kincardine). Ar. three bars counter-embattled az. over all an escutcheon gu.. Source: Burke’s General Armory.
3) (Edinburgh, 1698). Vair on an inescutcheon gu. a fess crenellee of three pieces ar. masoned sa. Crest—A falcon rising ppr. Motto—Resurgere tento.. Source: Burke’s General Armory.
4) (Montrose, Scotland, 1672). Ar. three bars embattled az. an escutcheon gu. all within a bordure engr. of the second. Creat—A mortar and pestle ppr. Motto—Ardua vinco.. Source: Burke’s General Armory.
5) (representative of Lauriston, 1783). Ar. three bars counter-embattled az. Crest—A falcon rising ppr. Supporters—Dexter, a lion ramp. or; sinister, a bloodhound sa. Motto—Surgere.. Source: Burke’s General Armory.
6) [Laureston, Scotland ar. four bars, counter-embattled, sa. an inescocheon gu.. Source: Berry’s Encyclopedia Heraldica.