Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Toddington, co. Gloucester; descended from John de Studeley, Lord of Studeley and Toddington, 1140, who m. Grace, dau. and heir of Henry de Traci, Lord of Barnstaple, and had two sons: Ralph de Studeley; and William de Traci, who assumed the name of his maternal ancestors). (Stanway, co. Gloucester, bart., extinct 1677; descended from Richard Tracy, second son of Sir William TRACY, Knt., of Toddington, and brother of William Tracy, the great-grandfather of the first Viscount Tracy). (Mile End, со. Middlesex; allowed at Visit. Middlesex, 1663, to Paul Tracy, son of Paul Tracy, the second son of Sir Paul Tracy, second bart. of Stanway). Or, an escallop in the chief point sa. betw. two bendlets gu.
2) (Viscount Tracy, of Ratheoole, dormant since 1797; Sir John Tracy, Knt., of Toddington, was so created 1642; Henry, eighth Viscount Tracy, of Rathcoole, d. 1797, leaving an only dau. Hon. Henrietta Susan Tracy, m. Charles Hanbury, Esq., created, 1838, Baron Sudeley, of Toddington. He assumed by royal licence, 1798, the additional surname of Tracy. The viscounty is claimed by Benjamin Wheatley Tracy, an officcr in the Royal Navy, who grounds his claim on descent from Hon. Robert Tracy, Justice of the King’s Bench temp. George II., younger son of Robert, second Viscount Tracy). Same Arms. Crest—On a chapeau gu. turned up erm. an escallop sa. betw. two wings or. Supporters—Two falcons ppr. beaked and belled or. Motto—Memoria pii aeterna.
3) (Hanbury-Tracy, Baron Sudeley; Charles Hanbury, third son of John Hanbury, Esq., of Pontypool Park, co. Monmouth, m. 1708, Hon. Henrietta Susan Tracy, only dau. and heir of Henry, eighth Viscount Tracy, ofRathcoole, and assumed the surname of Tracy. lie was created, 1838, Baron Sudeley). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, same Arms, for Tracy; 2nd and 3rd, or, a bend engr. vert plain cotised sa., for Hanbury. Crests—1st, Tracy: On a chapeau gu. turned up erm. an escallop sa. betw. two wings or; 2nd, Hanbury: Out of a mural crown sa. a demi lion ramp. or, holding in the paws a battle axe sa. headed gold. Supporters—Two falcons, wings elevated ppr. beaked and belled or. Motto—Memoria pii aeterna.
4) (co. Cornwall). Or, a lion pass. betw. two cotises sa.
5) (Barnstaple, co. Devon). Or, a lion pass. sa. betw. two bends gemel gu.
6) (co. Worcester). Or, two bends gu.
7) Or, two bends gu. on a canton ar. five escallops sa.
8) Ar. on a chev. (another, a chief) sa. three fleurs-de-Iis or.
9) (or Tresse). Or, two bendlets betw. nine escallops gu. three, three, and three.