Way Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Way Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) or Wey – (Torrington, co. Devon; descended from co. Somerset; William Waye, of Torrington, son of William Waye, one of the Yeomen of the Guard to Henry VIII., and grandson of Alexander Wey, co. Somerset. Visit. Devon, 1620). (Denham Place, co. Bucks; descended from Way, of Torrington). (Spencer Grange, co. Essex). (Spaynes Hall, co. Essex). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, az. three lucies haurient ar.; 2nd and 3rd, sa. two bars wavy ar. on each three palets wavy gu. Crest—An arm in mail armour embowed ppr. holding in the hand a baton or, ends sa. Source: Burke’s.
2) (co. Devon). Gu. a chev. or, betw. three lucies haurient ar. Source: Burke’s.
3) Sa. two bars wavy ar. each charged with three pales wavy gu. Source: Burke’s.
4) Az. on a canton ar. an eagle displ. gu. Crest—An eagle displ. gu. Source: Burke’s.
5) (Kilree, co. Kilkenny; descended from Rev. Thomas Way, Precentor of the diocese of Ossory, 14 March, 1672, d. 1716; arms entered and pedigree registered by Betham, Deputy Ulster, 1810). Gu. a trefoil slipped ar. betw. three lucies haurient or. Crest—A dexter arm in armour embowed ppr. holding in the hand a baton sa. ends or. Motto—Nil desperandum. Source: Burke’s.
6) (alias Waye) (Bickliford, co. Devon). Gu. three fishes hauriant ar. Source: Burke’s.
7) Amsterdam – Gironné de gueules et d’or Source: Rietstap’s.
8) Westphalie – Parti de sable et d’argent Casque couronné Cimier un vol chaque aile partie de sable et d’argent (Arm V G) Source: Rietstap’s.