Whitfield Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Whitfield, co. Devon; the heiresses m. Hensleigh and Garland). Gu. a fess betw. six crosses crosslet fitchée ar.
2) (Whitfield Hall, co. Northumberland, and cos. Northampton and Sussex). (Mortlake, co. Surrey; granted 1606). (Tenterden, co. Kent; descended from Joiin Whitfield, of Tenterden, living 1548, second son of Robert Whitfield, of Wadhurst, co. Essex). Ar. a bend plain betw. two cotises engr. sa. Crest—Out of a pallisado crown ar. a buck’s head or.
3) Gyronny of eight ar. and or, three garbs gu. Crest—An anchor az. entwined by a serpent or.
4) Gyronny of eight ar. and or, four garba gu. banded of the first.
5) Ar. ten crosses crosslet, four, three, two, and and one gu.
6) Sa. semee of crosses crosslet a bend engr. or.
7) or Whitefield – Ar. a bend gu. on a chief oJ the last three mullets pierced of the first.
8) (Dublin; Henry Whitfield, d. 1688; impalement Fun. Ent. Ulster’s Office, 1684, Sir Richard Bulkeley, first bart. of Oldbawn, whose second wife was Dorothy, dau. of Henry Whitfield). Ar. a plain bend within two cotises engr. sa.
9) (co. Dorset). Sa. five fusils in bend or.
10) (co. Dorset). Sa. five fusils in bend betw. six crosses crosslet or.
11) (Hamesey House, near Lewes, co. Sussex, as borne by George Whitfeld, Esq., of that place, J. P., ninth in descent from Robert Whitfeld of Wadhurst). Ar. a bend plain within two cotises engr. sa. Crest—Out of a pallisade crown ar. a buck’s head or. Motto—Medio tutis simus ibis.