Witham Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Lartington Hall, co. Tork; Henry Witham, Esq., of Cliffe, had two sons, William, who inherited Cliffe, but d. s. p., and Thomas, of Headlam, co. Durham, who had a dau., Eliza, who m. Henry Silvertop, Esq.; on the decease of her uncle, Mrs. Silvertop inherited, under that gentleman’s will, the estate of Cliffe, when her husband assumed the name and arms of Witham). Motto—Optima merenti. Or, a bendlet gu. betw. three eaglets sa. Crest—Oat of a ducal coronet or, a demi woman, hair dishevelled ppr. holdint; in the dexter hand a gem-ring or.
2) (Boston, co. Lincoln). Sa. two roses in chief ar. in base a crescent or. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a demi peacock displ. az.
3) (Goldesborough, co. York, bart., extinct 1689; John Witham, or Wytham, Esq., of Goldesborough, was so created 1683, d. s. p. six years after). Or, a bendlet gu. betw. three eaglets sa.
4) Sa. a fess betw. three cinquefoils or. Crest—A cubit arm erect vested az. cuffed ar. holding in the hand ppr. a cinquefoil stalked or.
5) Ar. two roses gu. in base a crescent of the second.
6) Sa. an inescutcheon betw. three mullets ar.