Withers Coat of Arms
Click below to change main image
Which coat of arms or "family crest" is mine?
Choose the design you like best, just your ancestors did when they painted these symbols on the shields they carried into battle and displayed in their homes. These coats of arms are real, historical works of art/culture dating back as far as 1100AD. Most of these designs were compiled and documented by genealogists and heraldists in large books published in the nineteenth century. These arms were owned by individuals who bore your surname, and were passed down through the generations from father to son, earning the monicker "family crest".
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Manydown, co. Hants). (Hall Place, co. Hants). Ar. a chev. gu. betw. three crescents sa. Crest—A demi hare erect az. in the mouth three ears of ripe corn or.
2) Erm. a lion pass. sa.
3) Ar. a fess betw. three crescents gu.
4) Quarterly, vair and gu.
5) (Holt, co. Norfolk). Ar. a chev. gu. betw. three crescents sa. Crest—A demi hare salient az. holding in the mouth three ears of wheat or.
6) (Lord Mayor of London, 1708). Ar. a chev. gu. betw. three crescents sa.
7) Sa. three eagles displ. in fess ar.
8) (Richard Withers, Portcullis Pursuivant of Arms, temp. Mary 1.). Ar. a chev. sa. betw. three crescents gu.
Origin, Meaning and Family History of the Withers Name
We don’t yet have this section of research completed for this name. If you are interested in being notified when research becomes available, please use this form to contact us and we will let you know as soon as we have something!
Withers Coat of Arms Meaning
See glossary for symbol meaning.