Craven Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Earl of Craven). (Earl of Craven, extinct 1097). (Lord Craven, of Ryton, extinct 1650). (Craven Lodge, co. Leicester, and Bambridge, co. Hants). (Brockhampton Park, co. Gloucester). Ar. a fesse betw. six cross crosslets fitchee gu. Crest—On a chapeau gu. turned up erm. a griffin statant wings elevated erm. beaked and foremembered or. Supporters—Two griffins wings elevated erm. beaked and foremembered or. Motto—Virtus in actloen consistit.
2) Ancient Arms: Or, five fleurs-de-lis in cross sa. a chief wavy gu. (another, az.).
3) (certified in Ireland to Lieut.-Gen. Charles Craven, of Richardstown, co. Louth). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, Craven: ar. a fesse engr. betw. two fleurs-de-lis and four cross crosslets (two and two) fitchee gu.; 2nd and 3rd, Dobbin: az. a chev. betw. three annulets, two and one or. Crest—On a chapeau gu. turned up erm. a griffin statant sa. wings addorsed, beaked, membered, and a semee of fleurs-de-lis or. Motto—Fortitudine crevi.
4) Ar. a fesse dancettee ermines betw. six crosses crosslet fitchee gu.
5) Ar. on a fesse betw. three crosses crosslet in chief and one in base gu. two crosses crosslet of the field.