Fitzpatrick Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Fitzpatrick Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Lord Upper Ossory, Chief of the Irish Sept of MacGillie Phadruig, created 1541, attainted 1691). (Lisdoonvarna, co. Clare; Fun. Ent. 1637, Darby Fitz-Patrick, Esq., eldest son of Florence Fitz-Patrick, of the same place, descended from McGilla Patrick, Lord of Upper Ossory). Sa. a saltire ar. on a chief ar. three fleurs-de-lis or. Crest—A dragon reguard. vert, surmounted of a lion guard, sa. dexter paw resting on the dragon’s head, tail extended sa. Supporters— Two lions sa. armed and langued gu. Motto—Ceart laidir a boo.
2) (Earl of Upper Ossory, extinct 1318). Same Arms and Crest. Supporters—Two lions sa. collared, chained, and ducally crowned or. Motto—Fortis sub forte fatiscet.
3) (Akipe; Fun. Ent. 1674, Thady Fitz-Patrick, M.D., son of Teigue Oge Fitz-Patrick, grandson of Dermot FitzPatrick, of Ballyrellin, and great grandson of Teigue Oge McTeigue FitzPatrick [of Muindrihid). Sa. a saltire ar. on a chief of the last three pellets.
4) (Lord Castletown). Sa. a saltire ar. on a chief az. three fleurs-de-lis or, within a bordure wavy of the second. Crest—A dragon on his back ppr. surmounted by a lion pass. sa. the whole debruised by a bendlet sinister wavy ar. Supporters—Two lions sa. ducally gorged and chained or, each charged on the shoulder with three fleurs-de-lis gold. Motto—Fortis sub forte fatiscet.
5) Az. six lions ramp. ar. three, two, and one.