Blazons & Genealogy Notes1) (Gilston, or Gilestoun, co. Glamorgan). Sa. a cross in saltire (or a Julian cross) ar., quartering, az. a chev. betw. three coronets or, adorned with two ostrich feathers ar.
2) or Gyles (Astley and Prickley, co. Worcester; John Giles, of Prickley, aged 33, son of Samoel Gyles, of Solhampton in Astley, aged 63. Visit. Worcester, 1683). Gu. a cross betw. four chalices or, on a chief of the last three pelicans vulning themselves ppr. Crest—A chalice or, out of it three pansy flowers ppr.
3) (Powick, co. Worcester). Same Arms, chief ar.
4) (White Ladies, Aston, co. Worcester). Same Arms, the chief ar. charged with three eagles displ sa.
5) (Bowden, co. Devon; Sir Edward Giles, Knt., of that place. Visit. 1620). Per chev. ar. and az. a lion ramp. counterchanged collared or. Crest—A lion’s gamb erased and erect ppr. charged with a bar or, holding an apple branch vert fructed gold.
6) (Kailzie, co. Peebles, 1850). Gu. on a cross betw. four chAlices or, as many lions’ heads full-faced ppr. on a chief of the second three pelicans sa. Crest—A chalice or, issuing therefrom three pansy flowers ppr. Motto—Pensez a moi.
7) or Gille - Per fesse gu. and az. on a bend ar. betw. two lions’ heads erased and three crosses crosslet fitchee or, as many cinquefoils of the first. Crest—A squirrel sejant gu. bezantee holding betw. the paws an acorn branch leaved ppr.
8) (Bowden, co. Devon; Sir Edward Gyles, Knt., son of John Gyles. Visit. 1620). Per chev. ar. and az. a lion ramp. counterchanged, collared or. Crest—A lion's gamb erased and erect ppr. charged with a bar or, holding an apple branch vert, fructed gold.
9) (Ireland; impalement on the Fnn. Ent., 1652, of Mrs. Francis Gyles, wife of Richard Francis, one of the Gentlemen of the Ordnance in Ireland). Per chev. sa. and or, a lion ramp. counterchanged.
10) (co. Kent). Per pale az. and gu. a griffin pass. or.
11) (London; granted 28 July, 1579). Gu. a cross betw. four uncovered cups or, on a chief ar. three pelicans with wings elevated sa. vulning their breasts ppr.
12) Per fesse gu. and az. on a bend engr. ar. three cinquefoils of the second.
13) Per fesse gu. and az.
14) Per pale gu. and az. a griffin pass. or.
15) Ar. on a fesse engr. sa. betw. three crosses formee gu. as many martlets or.
16) Or, on a cross sa. five plates.
17) (London). Per fesse gu. and az. on a bend engr. ar. betw. two lions’ heads erased, each holding in the mouth a cross crosslet or, three cinquefoils of the second.