Gillam Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (co. Essex). Sa. on a chev. or, betw. three dolphins embowed ppr. as many bowers vert. Crest—Out of a ducal coronet or, a dragon’s head ppr.
2) Az. a fesse betw. two chev. or. Crest—A demi griffin vert, winged and beaked or.
3) Ar. on a chev. sa. betw. three dolphins naiant embowed ppr. as many towers of the field. Crest—A dolphin hauriant embowed ppr.
4) (Westbury and Minsterworth, co. Gloucester, 1571). Ar. a lion ramp. erm. gorged with a collar or. Crest—An arm embowed in armour, holding a broken sword all ppr.
5) (Langston, co. Herts). Sa. a horse’s head erased or, betw. three gauntlets ar.
6) (Newry, co. Down; Fun. Ent. of Parr Guillim, drowned near Ringsend, Dublin Harbour, 2 April, 1618). Ar. a lion ramp. guard. sa. armed and langued gu. a martlet for diff.
7) (Wales). Az. three bucks’ heads cabossed or.
8) (Wales). Az. on a cross sa. five crescents or, in the dexter chief quarter a spear’a head erect sa.
9) (Brainge Court, co. Hereford, there before 1500; the heiress m. James Collins, Ksq., of Drybridge House, co. Hereford). (Whitchurch, co. Hereford; William Gwillim, Esq., was Sheriff co. Hereford, 1692). Ar. a lion ramp. ermines collared or, quartering Ravenhill Maude, and others.
10) (Langstone Court, co. Hereford, of whom was the learned John Gwillim, author of “The Display of Heraldry ’’). Sa. a horse’s head erased or, betw. three gauntlets couped ar.
11) (Bewsey Hall, co. Lancaster; now represented by Thomas Littleton, fourth Lord Lilford). Sa. a horse’s head erased or, betw. three gauntlets ar.