Hartwell Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (cos. Kent and Northumberland, and Preston, co. Northampton). Sa. a buck’s head cabossed ar. betw. the attires a cross formee or. Crest—A beetle pass. gu. wings endorsed sa. horns ar.
2) (Dale Hall, Essex, bart.). Sa. a buck’s head cabossed ar. attired or, betw. the attires a cross pattee fitchee of the last, in chief a lion pass. guard. per pale of the second and third, on a canton erm. two bars per fesse az. and gu. Crest—On a mount vert, surrounded with seven pales, the second and fifth charged with a spear’s head sanguinated ar. a hart lodged, the dexter foot on a well of the last and in the mouth a sprig of oak vert. Motto—Sorte sua contentus.
3) (co. Cornwall). Ar. on a fesse wavy sa. three hares’ heads erased of the first.
4) (co. Northumberland). Sa. a hart’s head cabossed, in base betw. the attires a cross formee fitchee ar. in chief two harts or.
5) Sa. a buck’s head cabossed ar. attired or, betw. the horns a cross pattee, fitched at the foot, of the last. Crest—In a park paled or, a stag lodged ar.
6) Sa. two lions pass. ar. crowned or.
7) Gu. three lozenges ar.