Pryor Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Pryor Coat of Arms Gallery
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (Roding, co. Essex, subsequently settled in the counties of Oxford, Lancaster, and Cambridge; a descendant of tho family, Thomas Prior, Esq., of Rathdowney, Queens’ co., the celebrated Founder of the Royal Dublin Society, d. in 1751, having devised his property to his cousin, John Murray, only son of the Rev. Thomas Murray, by Mary, his wife, dau. of Captain Thomas Prior, the first settler in Ireland). Sa. on a bend erm. betw. four stars of eight points wavy or, three chevronels gu. Crest—A star, as in the arms. Motto—Malo mori quam foedari.
2) (Paragon House, Blackheath, co. Kent). Gu. three escallops ar. Crest—An escallop ar. Motto—Speriamo.
3) Vert a bend cotised or. Crest—A dexter hand holding a crosier ppr.
4) Gu. on a bend erm. Three chev. of the first.
5) or Pryor, or Pryer – Gu. three escallops ar. Crest—An escallop ar.
6) (granted by Betham, Ulster, to Thomas Young Prior, Esq., of the Middle Temple, Barrister-at-law, youngest son of Rev. Thomas Prior, D.D., Senior Fellow, and sometime Vice-Provost of Trinity College, Dublin, descended from a family long seated in the coa. of Essex and Cambridge). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, vert on a bend erm. three chevronela gu., for Prior; 2nd and 3rd, per bend or and ar. a fess gu. in chief a lion pass. az., for Wallis; surmounted by an inescutcheon erm. a lion ramp. gu. in chief three escallops sa., for Russell. Crest—1st: An estoile vert; 2nd: A talbot’s head erased ar. charged on the breast with a trefoil slipped ppr. Motto—Quis audeat luci aggredi.