Rees Family Crest, Coat of Arms and Name History
Don’t know which Coat of Arms is yours?
We can do a genealogical research. Find out the exact history of your family!Learn More
This section has not yet been completed. If you are interested in having your genealogy done, we offer an affordable research servicethat traces your lineage so you can learn more about your ancestors, where they came from, and who you are.
Blazons & Genealogy Notes
1) (William Rees, Sheriff co. Norfolk 1397). Ar. three pheons gu. a chief az.
2) (North Crawley, co. Northampton). Sa. three pheons ar. Crest—A lion ramp. supporting a plumb-rule all ppr.
3) (Wales). Gu. a fesse erm. in chief a label or.
4) Az. two chev. or, a canton of the last.
5) (Rees Goch) (Lord of Marton, Wales). Ar. on a bend sa. betw. three crescents gu. as many annulets or.
6) (Llandovery, co. Carmarthen). Quarterly, 1st and 4th, ar. a chev. sa. betw. three ravens (or Cornish choughs) ppr., for Rees; 2nd and 3rd, sa. a chev. ar. betw. three spears’ heads embrued ppr., for Jenkins; quartered by the Rev. William Jenkins Rees in right of his mother, an heiress of the Jenkins family, derived from Bleddin ap Maenarch, Lord of Brecknock. Crest—A lion ramp. sa. crowned gu. Motto—Pietate et probitate.
7) (ap Rothport) (Cinmael, North Wales; descendants: 1) Anwyl, of Garth Garmon; 2) Lloyd, of Cinmael). Sa. a chev. betw. three mullets or stars ar.